With all eyes in the event of Google which will take place in a few hours to see how your Nexus devices receive the October security update to fix the detected vulnerabilities, but in the case of the Nexus 6 the update that has begun to receive as of today is much more important.
With a month of delay, the Nexus 6 They have already begun to officially receive Android 7.0 Nougat. Update OTA It is staggered, so it will begin to reach the users of this Nexus manufactured by Motorola over the next few days. The next few weeks is expected that Google releases update of Nougat for the Nexus 9 LTE, the unique Nexus that remain update.
Users who update their 6 nexus Android 7.0 Nougat You can enjoy of the split screen, your new bar quick adjustments, fast switching between applications, notifications are grouped, the quick response from notifications and many more new features. If you have a Nexus 6 and do not want to wait any longer, you can manually update your device.
How to install the update OTA manually
Warning: It is recommended to make a backup of all your photos, videos, files and data.
To manually update need to have ADB for Windows or Mac/Linux, Google drivers and follow the following steps:
- OTA: Nexus 6 – Android 7.0.0 (NBD90Z)
- Download the file update corresponding to your device and save it without decompression inside the same folder of ADB.
- Connect the Nexus to the computer and run in a command window run: ADB reboot recoveryEnter to the Recovery mode and see the Android logo with the exclamation red click at a time Volume up + Power.
- Using the volume keys select apply update from adb and enter the Power button.
- We write from the command prompt window from our computer instruction ADB sideload (ota file.zip).
- When install is finished updating just we have to reboot the selected device Reboot the system now. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data.